The IT Help Desk role is a critical member of the Trinity Road IT team. The ideal person for this role will hold characteristics of being patient, customer-oriented, positive attitude, and work through issues quickly and effectively. As the primary team member responsible for internal hardware, software, and networking, workdays will be determined by demand and troubleshooting. An external IT management company will be available for escalated or higher level required support issues when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the initial point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance with both hardware and software
- Perform local and remote configuration and troubleshooting in both Windows and Mac environments
- Take ownership of technology issues, driving problem resolution for software and hardware
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues including account setup and network configuration
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Set up new desktops, laptops, and servers with necessary business applications
- Configure, troubleshoot, and repair hardware as necessary (computers, printers, VoIP desk phones, networking, wiring, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on printers, scanners, scan guns and other warehouse related equipment
- Manage IT equipment inventory list
- Track computer system issues through to resolution
- Properly escalate unresolved issues for appropriate support
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to management and employees
- Manage service ticket queue, prioritize requests and ensure all issues are properly logged and updated in ticket system
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with employees to ensure IT systems functionality
- Prepare technical documentation, support notes and document repository
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the employees
- Participate in regular IT staff meetings to provide updates and feedback on all helpdesk efforts
- Manage Active Directory and Domains
- Other duties as assigned
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the employee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates required (Bachelor’s preferred) in computer sciences or related fields. 4 years of experience in progressing IT role if educational level is not met
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Share feedback or suggestions to the appropriate support team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Service-oriented, people-centric and willingness to assist
- 2-3 years experience with Microsoft operating environments including, Server Applications, SQL, Windows, Windows Server, Office, Office365, Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, Dynamics, file servers, DFS, and DNS
- 2-3 years experience with MacOS, Adobe products; Antivirus, Google Workspace, Backup Utilities, Cloud Applications, VOIP, VPN, and Saas platforms
- 1-2 years working with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Ability to provide on-call, after hours support as required. Some night and weekend hours may be required as business needs dictate
- Willing to be trained on and learn new systems and be as proficient as possible
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a technical help desk or desktop support role supporting hardware/software troubleshooting
- Self-starter able to work with minimal direction
- Able to quickly assess situations and adapt to dynamic priorities
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines
- 1-2 experience managing service tickets to track all aspects of work performed
Key Performance Indicators
- Speed to resolution
- Quality score rating
- Number of tickets completed
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office setting.
- Long durations of sitting.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Frequently writes, types on a computer and uses a phone.
- Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
- Occasionally travels to other offices via walking.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Kneeling, reaching, bending at times
- Ability to safely work on a ladder and crawl/work in tight places
About the Employer
Trinity Road, LLC operates the leading Catholic online store and mail order catalog, The Catholic Company. Our Core Values are:
- We Care
- We are Disciplined
- We are Tenacious
- We Communicate
- We are Energetic
We offer a great work environment, business casual office, competitive pay, and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.