TITLE: Manufacturing Lead
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Manager
The lead position responsibility is to work hand on hand with the manufacturing manager and offer the support needed to achieve daily goals. The lead will be responsible for managing and running the manufacturing floor in absence of the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Print work orders as work is needed.
- Create mass work orders for machine operators when needed.
- Fully understand the workflow and the operation of each machine.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings in absence of the manager.
- Cover manager’s duties while the manager is on PTO or away from the manufacturing floor.
- Strong decision making to maintain efficiencies.
- Execute daily goals provided by the manager.
- Hold him/her self and others accountable
- Communicate and direct hourly employees under manager supervision.
- Cross train in fulfillment if needed
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perfoeasy to understand for everyone.
- Effectively communicate and write in english.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain an accident free environment (0 accidents)
- Maintain current quality goals (.45% or less)
- Maintain current efficiency goals (13.5 UPH or more)
- Maintain current scrap rate goals (1% or less)
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a production/manufacturing setting.
- Long durations of sitting and/or standing.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Frequently writes, types on a computer.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Occasionally travels to other offices via walking.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds or more occasionally.
- Work overtime when required by the manager.
- Available to work different schedules during peak seasons.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
About the Employer
Trinity Road, LLC operates the leading Catholic online store and mail order catalog, The Catholic Company. Our ‘Great Eight’ Core Values are:
- Faith matters.
- We are Honest, Humble, Hungry and Hardworking.
- Innovation can never stop!
- We get things done.
- Agility wins.
- Details matter.
- Business is personal.
- We are a team. Always.
We offer a great work environment, business casual office, competitive pay, and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.