TITLE: Receiving Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Inventory Control
REPORTS TO: Inventory Control Manager
Position Summary: The Receiving Specialist position is responsible for receiving products into the warehouse and ensuring that they are properly received and tracked. He/She may also be required to perform other duties such as stocking inventory and cycle counting inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take in shipments of products from vendors via delivery. (FEDEX, UPS, USPS, etc)
- Receive products into the system and label products for stocking shelves.
- Measure products for dimensions and weights.
- Execute daily goals provided by the manager.
- Hold him/her self accountable.
- Understand inventory placement within a warehouse environment.
- Effectively communicate and write in English.
- Effectively use a computer.
- Ability to adapt and implement changes within processes.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain an accident-free environment (0 accidents)
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an inventory control/warehouse environment.
- Long durations of standing and walking.
- Frequently writes, types on a computer.
- Frequently moves about to receive and stock inventory, as well as cycle count.
- Occasionally travels to other offices via walking.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds or more occasionally.
- Work overtime when required by the manager.
- Available to work different schedules during peak seasons.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
About the Employer
Trinity Road, LLC operates the leading Catholic online store and mail order catalog, The Catholic Company. Our ‘Great Eight’ Core Values are:
- Faith matters.
- We are Honest, Humble, Hungry and Hardworking.
- Innovation can never stop!
- We get things done.
- Agility wins.
- Details matter.
- Business is personal.
- We are a team. Always.
We offer a great work environment, business casual office, competitive pay, and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.