The Front End Web Developer is a critical member of the Trinity Road technology team. The ideal person for this role will hold characteristics of being patient, customer-oriented, positive, with the ability to work through issues quickly and effectively. As a key team member responsible for web development and troubleshooting, workdays will be determined by project demand and ticket load.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- BigCommerce theme development and customization within the Stencil framework
- Building integrations within Storefront APIs, Stencil APIs, and Celigo iPass platform
- Website and app development using React.js
- Developing new and customizing existing WordPress sites and WooCommerce stores and plug-ins
- Working with third party developers utilizing version control systems, including GitHub
- Optimizing page speed of BigCommerce and WooCommerce sites
- Implementing SEO/CRO best practices on our family of ecommerce sites
- Participate in regular daily/weekly staff meetings to provide updates and feedback on all efforts
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to management and coworkers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer science degree or web development certifications
- BigCommerce BigDev certification a plus
- Experience with PHP/MySQL
- Experience with React.js
- Working knowledge of ERP systems including Netsuite
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Share feedback or suggestions with manager
- Possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- 2-3 years of development experience with BigCommerce and WordPress/WooCommerce
- Willing to be trained on and learn new systems
- Self-starter able to work with minimal direction
- Able to quickly assess situations and adapt to dynamic priorities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines
- 1-2 years experience managing service tickets to track all aspects of work performed
Key Performance Indicators:
- Speed to resolution
- Quality score rating
- Number of tickets completed
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office setting.
- Long durations of sitting.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Frequently writes, types on a computer and uses a phone.
- Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
About the Employer
Trinity Road, LLC operates the leading Catholic online store and mail order catalog, The Catholic Company. Our ‘Great Eight’ Core Values are:
- Faith matters.
- We are Honest, Humble, Hungry and Hardworking.
- Innovation can never stop!
- We get things done.
- Agility wins.
- Details matter.
- Business is personal.
- We are a team. Always.
We offer a great work environment, business casual office, competitive pay, and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.